Server Hosting and Management
|This service provides for the hosting of servers within a University data centre and the end-to-end lifecycle support for server platforms.
|Service Provisions :
This service includes:
- A managed environment for hosting of servers.
- Rack space, power and network connectivity.
- Power surge and dropout protection in the form of Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
- Hardware procurement and installation.
- Lifecycle management of hardware.
- Management, patching, fault diagnosis and configuration of supported server platforms.
- Technical standards relating to supported server platforms.
- Basic server and environmental monitoring.
- Troubleshooting and escalation of incidents through the service desk.
- Storage provisioning.
- Standard backup schedule.
- Capacity planning.
Please note this service does not include:
- Support for servers or infrastructure that cannot be rack mounted.
- Support for application services hosted by the server.
- Support for servers or operating systems that are no longer supported by the vendor and do not meet technical standards, including equipment procured by areas.
|Service Owner :
|Technical Owner :
||Team Leader, Unix Services
|This service is available for:
Service offerings and variations:
|This service is available in the following configurations:
- Virtual server environment (where infrastructure and infrastructure costs are shared by multiple services). Base specifications are available upon request.
- Dedicated physical hardware and support. The service can be tailored to provide for custom requirements relating to backups, monitoring and storage.
||Optional service offerings
- Initial cost of dedicated physical hardware is to be funded by the startup costs of a service.
- Hardware refreshes will be funded for Core services only.
- The cost of virtual environments is included within the total cost of the service.
- Additional hardware/infrastructure required to meet unplanned capacity or organic growth is the responsibility of the business area.
- Post warranty hardware support charges are the responsibility of the business area.
- Additional costs associated with hardware replacement where the replacement is not 'like for like' is the responsibility of the business area.
||No review dates are currently set.
|Service conditions, support and availability:
- Standard Support Hours.
- Regular maintenance windows are required and apply to all services managed by the Polytechnic.
- Partnering agreements will detail notification processes.