Electronic File Storage
|This service provides individuals and groups with secure space on the network where electronic files can be saved and shared.
|Service Provisions :
This service includes:
- Provisioning of individual and group shared file space with quotas applied where applicable.
- Remote access to individual and group file spaces.
- A process for the creation of group files space by request.
- A process for the self-restoration of deleted files.
- Quota increases upon request and an associated charging process.
- Approved restores from backup upon request.
- Server-based virus scanning.
- Capacity planning and usage monitoring.
- Lifecycle management of infrastructure.
- Options for low cost storage.
- A process for deleting file storage when staff, students and visitors no longer have a relationship with the Polytechnic.
Please note this service does not include:
- Support for any local storage and devices (e.g. C: drive and USB devices).
- Support for personally owned external storage devices.
- Support for business areas providing the service locally, supported by a local computing technician.
|Service Owner :
|Technical Owner :
||Team Leader, Windows Services
|This service is available for:
- Research and Academic staff
- Professional Staff
- Postgraduate Research students
- Undergraduate Students
- Honors Students
- Postgraduate coursework students
Service offerings and variations:
|Storage is provisioned with the following quotas:
- Individual - Research and Academic staff - 50GB
- Individual - Professional staff - 5Gb
- Individual - Students - 5Gb
- Shared - staff/pg research students - 300MB
- Shared - students - 50MB
- Individual - visitors - 250MB
|Options are available to increase capacity in individual and shared allocations.
|Service conditions, support and availability:
- Standard Support Hours.
- Individual space is provisioned automatically on commencement.
- Workgroup space is provisioned by request.
- Self-service for restoration of files is available for 3 days (groups) and 5 days (individuals).
- Storage quotas are governed by the Polytechnic Information and Communications Technology Committee.
|Refer to the following site for more information on file storage and quotas: