Polytechnic United Christian Congregation
|Alternative Name||POLY UCC|
|Official Website||Coming soon!|
Polytechnic United Christian Congregation (POLY-UCC) is a student-focussed interdenominational Christian body. It is part of United Christian Congregation Malawi (UCC-Malawi), formerly known as UCC University of Malawi (UNIMA-UCC), which is found at all constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. At present, UCC-Malawi members also congregate at The Malawi College of Health Sciences and Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUARNAR). UCC-Malawi is registered with the Malawi Church of Council of Churches after it was established in the 1970s. This was facilitated by a history lecturer at Chancellor College named Kings Phiri.
Plans are there to establish UCC at all colleges in Malawi. As per purpose and definition, UCC Malawi, is a student-driven body supported by the administration of each college through the office of the chaplain.
To affect the community of Polytechnic (students and staff) through the word of God.
Ensuring the kingdom of God is spread through preaching the word of God during Sunday services; joint annual conferences with other Colleges; evangelising on campus; conducting seminars and hostel-based cell group meetings.
Aims of UCC
- To meet the Christian spiritual needs of the students on campus by calling them to a personal knowledge and relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ as savior and master, and to believe in the sovereignty of the Godhead, and to help the weak in faith.
- To work together with other spiritual organizations on the campus in order to uplift the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the office of the chaplain.
- To encourage good moral life amongst students according to the Christian faith.
- To meet the social needs of the students on campus and beyond. For example, supporting students on campus in time of bereavement and those outside campus.
- Kunozga Mlowoka - Chairperson (CONGREP)
- Esther Katumbi - Vice Chairperson (CONGREP)
- Faith Nyirenda - Treasurer
- Duncan Msowoya - Vice Treasurer
- Anganile Mwamlima - Secretary
- Jacqueline Nyirongo - Welfare Director
- Kachepa Mughogho - Publicity Director
- Bridget Nkhoma - Activites Director
- Victory Mwale - Prayer Director
- Victoria Chimdima - Vice Welfare Director
- Hope Langwani - Equipment Director
- Mercy Kampira - Librarian