Lecturer in Physical Planning
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Lecturer in Physical Planning tenable in Land Surveying & Physical Planning Department at The Polytechnic, a constituent college of the University of Malawi.
Teaching and Learning
• Develop and review teaching and learning materials
• Provide tuition to students at undergraduate level
• Undertake assessment activities
• Contribute to curriculum development and reviews
• Participate in mentorship sessions
• Participate in research leading to publications and policy development
• Participate linkages for multidisciplinary research
• Contribute in specialized research groups
• Supervise undergraduate students
• Implement and monitor multidisciplinary projects
Community Engagement & Outreach
• Participate in community capacity building programmes
• Participate in departmental outreach activities
- Candidates applying for the position of Lecturer level should possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least a Credit and a Master’s Degree in Physical Planning/Urban and Regional Planning/City Planning/Urban Design or related disciplines.
- All Candidates should have experience in the use of design softwares such as AutoCAD and ArcGIS among others.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and up to date curriculum vitae with three traceable referees (with email addresses) should be sent by Friday, 27th March, 2020 to:
Private Bag 303