ODL Satellite Centre Coordinator
The Polytechnic is a constituent College of The University of Malawi. It is located along the Masauko Chipembere Highway in the country’s commercial city of Blantyre. The College is committed to stewarding the academic mission, research enterprise and community outreach.
The College is expanding its offer of open, distance and e-learning, with support from the Strengthening Higher Education Access in Malawi Activity (SHEAMA), funded by USAID and implemented by Arizona State University (ASU). Among other things, the University is establishing satellite centers in some districts in its bid to bring university education closer to the population.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position.
The Center Coordinator position shall be tenable at the ODL Satellite Center, Msalura CDSS, in Salima. However several weeks of orientation shall take place at the Polytechnic Main Campus before deployment. The ODL Satellite Center Coordinator shall report to the ODL Director of the Polytechnic and the SHEAMA Program Director. The position shall be offered on an initial two (2) year contract.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing program calendars and operations of the Center in liaison with the Polytechnic’s ODL Director and the SHEAMA ODL Director
- Tracking students in Strengthening Higher Education Access in Malawi Activity (SHEAMA) supported programs
- Ensuring security, safety and good order of the ODL Center facilities iv. Compiling and submitting reports on all center-related activities
- Provide counselling, success coaching and mentorship to ODL students
- Providing ICT support to students at the center
- Linking with industry partners through Regional Education and Employment Advisory Boards (REEABS) AND District Education and Employment Advisory Boards (DEEABS)
- Collecting student enrolment data
- Collecting scholarship related data
- Participating in other SHEAMA-related and complementary related activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years’ experience in Education.
- Experience in Open, Distance Learning is an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and up to date curriculum vitae with three traceable referees (with email addresses) should be sent by Friday 19th June, 2020 to:
Private Bag 303