Bachelor of Science in Physical Planning
Criteria for Admission
Entry in Year 1 shall be based on MSCE, “O” Level, IGCSE, or GCE with at least six credits including geography, English and Mathematics.
Entry in Year 2 shall be based on Certificate in Physical Planning or A-Level with at least a C grade in Geography, English and Mathematics. However, depending on the strength of the A-Level they will be required to audit first year course.
Entry in Year 3 shall be based on 6 subjects passed with at least a credit at MSCE including Geography, English and Mathematics and a recognised diploma with credit in Physical Planning, Education (majoring in Geography), Land Administration, Environmental Studies, Transportation, Geographical Information System and Climate Change or any Physical planning cognate disciplines, with two years work experience.
Entry in Year 5 (Honours): Holders of BSc. Physical Planning / Geography / Environmental Studies, or any relevant first degree with distinction or credit will be allowed to proceed for one more year to be awarded with a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physical Planning. Alternatively, students that previously graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Physical Planning / Geography / Environmental Studies, or any relevant first degree, and wish to join the Honours Programme will have to submit to the College the following documents:
- One-year practical experience report if they had a pass below credit
- Letter of recommendation from a Qualified and Registered Planner proving that they have worked for not less than a year
- Letter of recommendation from the Physical Planners Board / Malawi Institute of Physical Planners, certifying ethical behaviour in planning practice
Students from other Universities doing a program in areas of Physical Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Sociology, Urban Planning and Management among other related programs and wishing to transfer or join this program at different levels will have to apply and submit to the College the following:
- Certified Academic Transcript,
- Official Letter of Reference from their School/University,
- A copy of their certificate, diploma or degree certified by a notary public.