Incubate for a Manufacturing Business
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Polytechnic, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, with support from Jobs for Youth Project (J4Y) under the Ministry of Labour, Youth, Sports and Manpower Development, financed by African Development Bank (AfDB) grant has established a business incubation center by name Polytechnic Business Incubation Centre (PBIC) in Manufacturing and Production. The Centre will be a space where innovations, inventions and creative solutions to Malawi’s social, economic and environmental challenges will be incubated, nurtured and developed to scale. PBIC aims at transferring technical skills to the youth to enable them run successful manufacturing businesses.
INCUBATE FOR A MANUFACTURING BUSINESS
The Polytechnic Business Incubation Centre is calling on youth interested in establishing or strengthening their businesses in manufacturing to submit applications. Eligible are graduates from secondary school or colleges or those who are running small businesses in manufacturing, with a strong desire for wealth and job creation. Selected youth shall be incubated and trained. The period of incubation is dependent on the type of innovation but shall not exceed six months in most cases.
The incubation will run on non-residential basis.
The selection criteria of the business incubates shall be based on the following:
• Must be Malawian citizens
• Must be out-of-school youth aged between 18 and 35
• Must be able to read and write in English
• Evident passion for manufacturing/production
• Those running a business should have a traceable business location including physical location; businesses must be independently controlled
• Should be on one of the following business stages:
a) Business idea
b) Business start-up
c) Post revenue stage
Viability of Business Idea Requirements
• Creativity with respect to innovation, technology, business linkages, timelessness, market potential
• Job-creation potential
• High growth potential
• Satisfy unmet needs in community
• Provide opportunities for people disadvantaged in the labour market
The applicant will be required to pitch or make an oral presentation, based on the application form, for 7 minutes.
All interested applicants should request for the application form from the following;
The Polytechnic, Main Campus, Blantyre
The Polytechnic, Continuing Education Centre (CEC), Baptist College, Lilongwe
The Polytechnic, Continuing Education Centre (CEC), Mzuzu Campus
Or download the form from The Polytechnic Website www.poly.ac.mw/vacancies
District Youth/Labour Offices
Completed forms should be sent to the undersigned address before 30th September 2019.
Private Bag 303
Attn: Director-Polytechnic Business Incubation Centre
Phone contact: +265991 10 08 10